Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolve in Your Heart

I was reading today in Gen. 3-5 were it talks about Cain and Abel.  Right before Cain kills Abel God tells him that sin is crouching at his door and it's desire is for him, but he needs to rule over it.  It occurs to me, that is the way it is for me with my tendency to be a glutton   I really have to fight to rule over that sin in my life.  It might be hard to call that sin because it is so readily accepted in our world and in the 'church', with our potlucks and sweets galore on Sunday mornings, but sin is sin and that is one of them... one I in particular struggle with.  So, God says to 'rule over it".  How do we do that?  We have to say 'NO' to our wants and desires and be in control of our choices.  Like Daniel did when he 'resolved that he would not defile himself with the king's food' (Daniel 1:8)  ...  We need to decide beforehand who we are and what we want out of our lives.  Do we really want to enjoy our moments without all the extra weight that weighs us down and keeps us sick and tired all the time? The choice is yours, resolve in your heart....

1 comment:

  1. Please 'friend' me on Facebook or join our accountability group for daily encouragement @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/EnjoyYourMoments/

    ReplyDelete